Repairing Your Vehicle After a Crash
Chances are you will only have to deal with the collision repair process a handful of times throughout your adult life. Here’s a step-by-step checklist so you know what to do and what to expect when you work with the professionals at Bavaro Autobody.
- Contact your insurance company so your insurance agent can open a claim. Your agent will give you a claim number and confirm your coverage and deductible amount and status. At this time, you can let your insurance know that you’d like to have your car repaired at Bavaro Autobody.
- After talking to your agent, contact Bavaro Autobody – we’ll inspect your vehicle and gather information about the accident and take photos and measurements of the damage to your vehicle. Please bring a copy of your insurance information so we can contact your insurance company, promptly with our estimate.
- When we have approval on the estimate, we will make sure we have all the parts necessary for your repairs before scheduling work on your vehicle. If your insurance covers car rental, Bavaro’s can also arrange a rental vehicle for you while yours is in the shop. A Bavaro’s representative can also give you a ride home when you drop off your car.
- During the repair process, our technicians might find additional damage that the appraiser couldn’t see. If that is the case, Bavaro will notify you, your insurance company and your car rental company to keep you up-to-date. This may mean that your repairs will take longer than originally anticipated.
- Our technicians will then finish the repairs and detail the vehicle, giving it one final inspection to make sure all damage has been repaired to our high standards. Once we’re satisfied, then we’ll call you to let you know that your vehicle is ready to be picked up.